Tempt your taste buds with creative cocktails from these popular hangouts.
The Gladly Manhattan
1. Bitter & Twisted The Holy Grail of mixology, Bitter & Twisted serves cocktail home runs. From the butter-washed bourbon of the Redenbacher to the five-chile tequila in the Born Tequila, the beverages never fail to surprise. 1 W. Jefferson St., Phoenix, 602.340.1924
2. The Gladly The whiskey-forward libations here range from refreshing (Summer Crush #2 made with rye whiskey, cucumber, lemon and menthe cordial) to intense (Black Market made with bourbon, single-malt scotch, roasted peaches and berries, and black pepper). 2201 E. Camelback Road, Phoenix, 602.759.8132
Amalfi Frappe at Little Rituals
3. Little Rituals Prepare to embark on a cocktail adventure. Think nuanced tinctures. Ice that never melts. And ingredients like yellow chartreuse, celery cordial or gin shrub jicama. 132 S. Central Ave., Phoenix, 602.603.2050
4. Straight Up Half the fun of imbibing at this speakeasy is watching the bartenders pour, stir, shake and garnish with style and panache. Snag a seat at the bar if you can. 5101 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, 480.284.7700
5. UnderTow These Tiki-themed drinks are cleverly named and very, very strong. A blend of aged rums highlights the Scallywag’s Scandal, while cinnamon smoke adds drama to The Smoking Cannon. 3620 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix, 602.753.6504