| July 11, 2017 | Calendar
Jade bar’s battle of the bartenders, “Bar Brawl,” returns to shake up Scottsdale
Local mixologists go head-to-head at Sanctuary resort in battle for grand prize, July 16–Aug. 27
Bar Brawl, Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa’s battle of the bartenders, will return to jade barfor another summer cocktail showdown between the area’s top mixologists. The competition launches July 16 with match-ups every Sunday at 8 p.m. Winners of the first four battles will move on to semifinals Aug. 13 and Aug. 20. A final championship on Aug. 27 will crown one bartender “Bar Brawl’s Champion” and serve up the grand prize – a fun-filled trip to Austin City Limits. Past champions include Kyle Mason of Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia and Keifer Gilbert of Crudo and Counter Intuitive.
Resort guests and locals, alongside the Phoenix bar community, are invited to gather at jade bar to cheer on the competitors while enjoying entertainment by DJ Hybrid and a menu of “Bar Brawl Bites” at happy hour prices, starting at 8 p.m. each evening of the competition. jade bar’s lead mixologist Eddie Aces will emcee the events. Each will highlight specific spirits and ingredients, and cocktails will be judged by a panel of local celebrities. Admission to all events is free.
This year’s eight competitors have been mixing things up at the best bars in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Chandler. They include:
· Piroose Hajizadeh-Amini, Bitter & Twisted Cocktail Parlour
· Kyle Landry, Crudo
· Liza Loewenhagen, Cobra Arcade Bar
· Alex Knight, Culinary Dropout
· William Luddington, The Ostrich
· Gavin Pena, The Clever Ko
· Rando Shields, Shady’s Fine Ale’s and Cocktails
· Sam Penton, Counter Intuitive
The Bar Brawl schedule is as follows:
· July 16 – Pena vs. Hajizadeh-Amini
· July 23 – Lowenhagen vs. Knight
· July 30 – Shields vs. Luddington
· Aug. 6 – Landry vs. Penton
· Aug. 13 – Semi-finals
· Aug. 20 – Semi-finals
· Aug. 27 – Championship: “Bar Brawl Champion” crowned.
For more information, click HERE.