Lady of the House
As homes have become overnight multihyphenate environments, we caught up with expert Anita Lang, principal interior designer and founder of IMI Design (imidesignstudio.com), for some interior motivation. At home—or in any inhabited space—Lang believes tranquility teamed with inspired design are the gifts that will nourish your soul for years to come. Listen in.
1. My mantra is... Choose love, not fear!
2. The hottest interior design feature trending right now is… Don’t follow trends, create movements! My focus is always evocative spaces that are appropriate to the setting and vernacular. At the moment, that is leading me to very biophilic design, which I am calling ‘organic minimalism.’
3. The easiest way to make your home more stylish is... art! Let your artwork be a reflection of you.
4. The luxury I think is worth every penny is… good design. It feeds your soul.
5. The best advice I’ve received recently is... to enjoy the gift of some quietness. For once I don’t have FOMO.
Photography by: Carrie Evans Photography