High-intensity interval training (HIIT) is all the rage here in the Valley—and you can see why. The workout combines short bursts of exercise with periods of rest or active recovery, which together burn more fat in less time. Here are five local favorites.
The Village Health Clubs & Spas are embracing the HIIT craze in the Valley.
1. The Village Health Clubs & Spas Each participant performs moves like mountain climbers, squats and planks during timed intervals at a given station. Class is included with membership, which is priced upon request. Various locations
2. Bodi In addition to its two HIIT classes—one focusing on cardio, the other on strength training—BODI also offers private events ($300) that include a one-hour fitness class and 30 minutes before and after for mingling, drinking and enjoying small bites. 6820 E. Fifth Ave., Scottsdale
3. Remedy Pilates & Barre Remedy’s class kicks off with 20 minutes of core-strengthening mat Pilates and finishes with a 25-minute HIIT session featuring six rounds of various exercises that can incorporate resistance bands, kettlebell, weights and gliders. From $20 per class, private sessions from $75, 6949 E. Shea Blvd., Ste. 115, Scottsdale; 3629 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix
4. Off The Grid Fitness Arizona’s first “green gym,” featuring cardio machines that return energy to the grid, offers two variations of HIIT classes in a calming environment with bamboo floors. From $17 per class, private one-on-one lessons from $65 per hour, 10050 N. Scottsdale Road, Ste. 111, Scottsdale
5. F45 At F45—an Australia-based fitness franchise—two personal trainers lead 45-minute functional HIIT classes that feature four types of training: cardio endurance, strength and resistance, a hybrid of strength/cardio, and boxing. From $30 per class, various locations
Photography by: courtesy of the village health clubs & spas and mmpr marketing