Chef Christopher Brugman’s Moroccan-Spiced Lamb
• 14-16 oz. domestic lamb rack, 4 bones, cap on
• 1 ¼ cups tandoori spices
• 2 tbsp. kosher salt
• 2 ½ tsp. mustard powder
• 2 tsp. nutmeg
• 2 tsp. cardamom
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
• Lemon oil, as needed
• Pea tendrils, as needed
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together until well-incorporated.
2. Coat the lamb rack with a touch of lemon oil; then dust the lamb with the Moroccan spice blend and rub in well. Marinate in the rub overnight or
3. Roast the lamb in a wood-burning oven (convection is fine too) until caramelized and cooked to the desired temperature, typically, 12-15 minutes for medium rare.
4. Let the rack of lamb rest for 6-8 minutes; slice between the bones; and shingle on a serving platter.
5. Spoon a generous amount of butter (preserved lemon butter is recommended) and garnish with pea tendrils and or bulls blood (microbeet greens)
Hearth ’61, Mountain Shadows, 5445 E. Lincoln Drive, Paradise Valley, 855.485.1417
Photography Courtesy Of: